A Journey Of A Lifetime
Aquaria KLCC is looking for committed and enthusiastic individuals to join our team so if you happen to also love the ocean and wildlife then this could be the ideal job for you. Suitably qualified candidates are invited to fill the following positions:
Human Resource Officer
- To assist in daily HR operations - e.g. preparing HR correspondences -appointment letter, confirmation letter, verification of employment letter, increment letter, etc including arrangement of interviews.
- Monitors monthly staff probation and confirmation of employment – issue Confirmation of Employment Form.
- TOrganizing Staff Personal Files – ensure proper documentation and filing.
- Keeping and updating of the training records.
- Prepares government form and submission, e.g. EPF, SOCSO and Income Tax to report on new hires and resignees.
- To administer and maintain Staff Medical Insurance Program.
- To monitor and maintain staff leave record.
- Manage the Human Resource Management System and ensure latest update and maintenance of data.
- To provide general administrative support to the department such as filing and other clerical administration.
- Possess Certificate in Human Resource Management or equivalent, with minimum 2 years of working experience in HR.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with good command of English.
- Must be Computer Literate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive, self starter, enthusiastic personality.
- Achievement focused with service oriented approach.
- Able to work independently, under pressure and meet deadlines.
- With strong sense of confidentiality.
- Preferably can start immediately.
Responsible for the monitoring of management of animal health, nutrition, environmental quality, water quality and psychological well-being, quarantine and daily care of a living collection of all animals at Aquaria KLCC.
- Provide treatments for any sick or injured animals.
- Establish annual health checks and preventive medicine program for animals in the collection.
- To perform diagnostic procedure to determine cause of death for all dead animals (Post mortem, histopathology, etc).
- Record keeping for all procedures done on any animal in the collection (treatments, post mortem, etc).
- Assist in behavioral and nutritional management to all animals in the collection.
- Provide a monthly summary on treatments, post mortems, preventive medicine and health checks.
- Ensures that all lab equipment and clinic areas are maintained and fully operational and that an inventory of clinic/veterinary consumables is maintained.
- Communicates to Curator, Assistant Curator and Vet staff of any issues identified, and provides critical input in developing a course of action to rectify the situation.
- Ensures that the quarantine facility is fully operational and that daily activities related to cleaning, maintenance, feeding and other husbandry activities are undertaken on a day-to-day basis, including routine checking of tanks exhibits and LSS areas.
- Must have a doctorate in Veterinary Medicine.
- Must have good Computer skills.
- Must have good spoken and written conversational English.
- Good knowledge with working with small animals an advantage.
- Good knowledge with working in clinics or veterinary labs an advantage.
- Experience with aquatic veterinary science an advantage.
- Experience with marine mammals and aquatic birds an advantage.
- Experience in working in public aquariums an advantage.
- Open Water SCUBA certification from a recognized training agency an advantage.
- Current Malaysian drivers license an advantage.
- Flexibility in working weekends and evenings.
- Flexibility in working holidays.
- Available for on-call emergencies.
Customer Service cum Retail Assistant
- To provide friendly and highest standard of service to customers in the aquarium in accordance with Aquaria KLCC established policies and procedures.
- To handle customer complaints, feedback and lost & found and report to superior for appropriate follow up and action.
- Responsible to ensure all safety rules & regulations are strictly adhered to.
- Responsible for checking on cleanliness of every zones and work area.
- Be the ambassador in the aquarium by maintaining a positive mental attitude as well as professional appearance and ethics towards all aquarium guests, staffs and superior at all times.
- For Retail Assistant – handling cash register is an essential.
- Young, cheerful and energetic.
- Minimum 1 year work experience in retail, hotel, theme park, travel or customer service industry.
- Possess positive and outstanding customer service skills.
- Good command of Bahasa Malaysia and English, knowledge of other languages will be an added advantage.
- Pleasant personality and like to communicate with people.
- Willing to work in a team working environment.
- Must be able to work on shift and on weekends/public holidays.
- Preference will be give to those who can start immediately.
Dive Supervisor – Dive Operations
- Responsible for the management of the main tank and its appearance.
- Maintains all equipment and materials used for dive related operations on a daily basis.
- Manage the training of all dive staff to ensure their safety and an efficient operation.
- Communicates to Superior of any dive or main tank issues.
- Follows established written standards and protocols to ensure the highest standards for water quality, operational efficiency, diver safety and general cleanliness are achieved.
- Diving as required on a day to day basis, including show diving and shark feeding presentations
- Maintaining documentation and databases for diving.
- To assume other functions and responsibilities assigned from time to time.
- Dive Instructor SCUBA certification from a recognized training agency.
- Experience working in public aquariums an advantage.
- Computer literature.
- Responsible for all advertising campaigns, thematic / tactical promotions, communications plan, website (online media and social networks), publicity, public relations and market research/analysis for Aquaria KLCC.
- Formulate annual marketing calendar and budgets for all advertising & promotions activities of the aquarium.
- Responsible for generating desired publicity and media coverage for the aquarium.
- Plan, create and execute launch events for the company’s new features and attractions.
- At least 2 years Advertising & Promotions working experience in hospitality / service / retail industry.
- A diploma / degree holder in Marketing, Advertising, Marketing Communications or equivalent fields.
- Possess a strong aptitude for strategic market planning (strategy, brief, plan, follow-up, both long and short term).
- Possess creative instincts and flairs to develop new ideas and innovative plan for the aquarium.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able and willing to work on odd-hours, weekends or public holidays when required.
- Oversee the day-to-day duties that are carried out in the retail store including maintaining stock level, staffs and goods on display to ensure smooth operations of the retail store.
- Responsible for the overall business performance of the retail store and maintaining the highest level of service.
- Ensure customer complaints are handled tactfully in a professional manner.
- Minimum 2-3 years working experience in similar capacity.
- Goal driven with good leadership skills.
- Energetic and has the ability to communicate effectively with people.
- Proficiency in using relevant office software applications is a must.
- Develop and implement effective sales and marketing strategies to achieve sales targets.
- Create and manage promotional partnerships with travel agents, schools, government and corporate entities.
- Proactively support all marketing and promotional campaigns or activities.
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in any field.
- At least 2 year(s) of working experience in the related field.
- Well versed in tourism and hospitality industry.
- Possess self-initiative, creativity and strong drive.
- A decisive team player with leadership capabilities and strong interpersonal skills.
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Possess own transport.
Sales & Marketing Manager
- Oversee, lead and monitor the Sales & Marketing team’s performance to achieve sales target.
- Formulate and implement effective strategies to generate higher visitor footfall and sales value.
- Oversee and manage the marketing, advertisement and promotion activities.
- Build strong brand awareness through proactive PR and Communications.
- Plan, create and execute launch events for the company’s new features and attractions.
- Leverage on strategic third party joint partnerships to increase brand reach.
- Candidate must possess a Degree with at least 5 years’ experience (with 3 years of managerial experience).
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Strong sales and marketing skills across a wide range of channels.
- Possess excellent planning, organizing, supervisory and motivational skills in leading a team of sales and marketing staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic and proactive with the ability to communicate effectively with people and interacting with a wide range of professionals at every level of the organization.
Interested candidates are requested to write-in, preferably by email and provide a complete résumé with photo and expected salary.
Please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aquawalk Sdn. Bhd. (563166-W)
Suite No. 1-16, 1st Floor, Wisma UOA II,
No. 21 Jalan Pinang,
50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED.